Citrus County Auto Injury Lawyer
A negligent act can put you in serious pain, facing long-term medical care and rehabilitation, and leaving you with a permanent injury. In the process of your recovery, you can incur substantial medical bills and your injury may prevent you from working. The situation can seem overwhelming, but it does not have to be. If you or someone you know has suffered a serious Citrus County auto injury, you should contact the knowledgeable and aggressive injury lawyers at Kovach Law Firm. We investigate, negotiate, and litigate.
What Should I do Immediately After a Car Crash?
Following a car crash, you are scared, you are angry, you are frustrated, and unfortunately, you are potentially injured. The actions you take in the minutes, hours and days that follow a car crash, can make a huge difference in any litigation stemming from the crash. If you’ve been in a car crash, it’s imperative you do the following:
- Call 911 and obtain a police report
- Collect the driver’s license number, insurance information, and license plate numbers from all drivers involved
- Collect the names, addresses, and telephone numbers from everyone involved, including any independent witnesses to the crash
- Take photographs of all vehicles involved, injuries, and the accident scene
- If there is any chance you might be injured, seek medical attention immediately to preserve your benefits. If you do not seek treatment from a medical doctor within 14 days of your crash, your own insurance company can deny you medical coverage that you have paid for.
- Contact Kovach Law Firm to investigate, negotiate, and litigate your case.
AUTO ACCIDENTS CAN LEAD TO SERIOUS INJURIES
Any auto accident injury, major or minor, can cause serious injuries such as:
- Head and brain injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Concussions can be caused by a direct blow to the head or the violent shaking of the head, for example in a whiplash injury. A concussion occurs when the brain itself strikes the internal wall of the skull. It may cause loss of consciousness and can lead to lifelong physical and mental impairments.
- Diffuse axonal injuries occur when the head is shaken violently. The brain does not move as fast as the skull does, tearing nerve tissue across the brain.
- Contusions, or bleeding within the brain, can be caused by a direct impact to the head.
- Coup-contrecoup injuries are contusions at both the site of the impact and the exact opposite side of the brain.
- Broken bones
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Internal injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Herniated disc injuries
Talk To Us For Free!
Talk to us for free about your legal issue. We'll provide you with our legal opinion and help you understand what options you have.
What does an injury settlement take into account?
- Your medical bills for diagnosis and treatment of your injuries from the crash
- Future potential medical bills directly related to the injuries
- Lost and future wages following the crash
- Pain and suffering as a result of the crash and related injuries
Kovach Law Firm will review your case for free and tell you whether you have a valid claim. Florida is a comparative negligence state, which means that you can still receive compensation even if you are partially at fault.